Do you want a Personal Study Programme?
Group courses at language schools are a great way to learn, but some students will benefit from a more personal study experience to develop independent learning skills. This is true if students have a clear learning goal and if they want to learn quickly. International House (IH) Newcastle take this aspect very seriously and have a fantastic option called the Personal Study Programme (PSP). Here are some of the reasons why students take this course:
- Students can focus on individual language needs e.g. a particular weakness with grammar or listening.
- The opportunity to work on any specific types of English they may need e.g. Aviation English, English for Law, English for Medicine.
- Teachers are on hand to answer any questions and find the right resources for students so there is more individual help available.
- Students do individual/small group speaking sessions with a teacher and receive personalised feedback which really helps development.
- They provide loads of books and online resources to practice.
- PSP students can also register on a Harvard Manage Mentor course (no extra cost), which is a business course with Harvard created content covering a different aspect of the business. Students get certificates for the modules completed and can continue studies even after they have left IH Newcastle.
- They will also help with an English project to work on e.g. a presentation you must give in English, or a job interview coming up, the IH Newcastle teachers will work with you to help you to prepare.
- Student can practice their writing at any time by writing in a PSP journal and a teacher will correct it and give feedback.
The IH Newcastle Personal Study Programme course is not just a self-study programme. It involves working with students and teachers in a relaxed and rewarding environment and working towards your exact goals at a pace that suits you. Students love the programme also as they get to know more students and more teachers as well.
Why not take a look at IH Newcastle.
Located in the northeast of England, Newcastle is just over 150 km from Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. A wealth of modern architecture along with a rich history, offers the perfect…
In a sprawling city of over 8 million people – famous for expensive housing that’s in short supply – finding the best student accommodation in London can be a daunting…
Luba is a young social media influencer from Brazil and LearnEnglishIn is happy to follow his journey across England, where he will visit two amazing language schools. If you ever…