Do you want a Personal Study Programme?
Group courses at language schools are a great way to learn, but some students will benefit from a more personal study experience to develop independent learning skills. This is true if students have a clear learning goal and if they want to learn quickly. International House (IH) Newcastle take this aspect very seriously and have a fantastic option called the Personal Study Programme (PSP). Here are some of the reasons why students take this course:
- Students can focus on individual language needs e.g. a particular weakness with grammar or listening.
- The opportunity to work on any specific types of English they may need e.g. Aviation English, English for Law, English for Medicine.
- Teachers are on hand to answer any questions and find the right resources for students so there is more individual help available.
- Students do individual/small group speaking sessions with a teacher and receive personalised feedback which really helps development.
- They provide loads of books and online resources to practice.
- PSP students can also register on a Harvard Manage Mentor course (no extra cost), which is a business course with Harvard created content covering a different aspect of the business. Students get certificates for the modules completed and can continue studies even after they have left IH Newcastle.
- They will also help with an English project to work on e.g. a presentation you must give in English, or a job interview coming up, the IH Newcastle teachers will work with you to help you to prepare.
- Student can practice their writing at any time by writing in a PSP journal and a teacher will correct it and give feedback.
The IH Newcastle Personal Study Programme course is not just a self-study programme. It involves working with students and teachers in a relaxed and rewarding environment and working towards your exact goals at a pace that suits you. Students love the programme also as they get to know more students and more teachers as well.
Why not take a look at IH Newcastle.
We are all aware of the problem facing the world regarding single-use plastics. Nearly 36% of all plastic created is used in plastic packaging and we must all try to…
Liverpool, in England, has SO much to offer. It’s not only famous for its football teams and of course The Beatles – the city also has museums, parks and a…
Studying English abroad is much more than learning a new language: it means a new culture, to visit different places, to get to know and live with different people from…