10 facts about Canada that might surprise you
As one of the favourite destinations for those who want to learn English abroad, Canada is a country of great diversity with an excellent quality of life. It also has a reputation for being one of the safest and most prosperous countries in the world as well as offering first-class educational opportunities. To help you learn a little more about Canada, check out some interesting facts and find out what it would be like to live and study in this amazing country.
Did you know these facts about Canada?
- Canada is the second-largest country in the world with 2 official languages: English and French.
- Montreal is the largest French-speaking city anywhere in the world apart from Paris.
- Canada has strong ties with the United Kingdom. Queen Elizabeth II is the Queen of both countries.
- Canada has two official anthems: the national anthem and the royal anthem.
- Canada has a beautiful landscape and the largest number of freshwater lakes in the world. In Ontario alone, there are about 25,000.
- Canada has the longest coastline in the world.
- 50% of all polar bears in the world live in Canada.
- Canada’s border with the United States is the longest in the world and The CN Tower in Toronto is the second tallest in the world.
- Hockey is a national passion and almost all Canadian schools and universities have ice hockey courts.
- Canada is a prosperous country and part of the G8.
Education is considered to be a priority in Canada and standards are high. What better place to study English than in this amazing country? Check out the fantastic opportunities in two of the most amazing locations in Canada, Toronto and Calgary with Stafford House International. We also recommend reading one of our previous articles 10 places that every international student should visit in Calgary, Canada.
Canada is one of the most popular international destinations for students who want to study abroad. This stunning country has so much to offer. The Burnaby School District based in ……
Canada is constantly ranked as one of the top countries to live and study in. It’s internationally renowned for its friendly people, cosmopolitan cities and stunning nature. Canada has everything ……
One of the first ever programmes to bring international students to Canada continues to be a leader in Canadian international education. The New Westminster School District consistently ranks among the ……