10 facts about Canada that might surprise you
As one of the favourite destinations for those who want to learn English abroad, Canada is a country of great diversity with an excellent quality of life. It also has a reputation for being one of the safest and most prosperous countries in the world as well as offering first-class educational opportunities. To help you learn a little more about Canada, check out some interesting facts and find out what it would be like to live and study in this amazing country.
Did you know these facts about Canada?
- Canada is the second-largest country in the world with 2 official languages: English and French.
- Montreal is the largest French-speaking city anywhere in the world apart from Paris.
- Canada has strong ties with the United Kingdom. Queen Elizabeth II is the Queen of both countries.
- Canada has two official anthems: the national anthem and the royal anthem.
- Canada has a beautiful landscape and the largest number of freshwater lakes in the world. In Ontario alone, there are about 25,000.
- Canada has the longest coastline in the world.
- 50% of all polar bears in the world live in Canada.
- Canada’s border with the United States is the longest in the world and The CN Tower in Toronto is the second tallest in the world.
- Hockey is a national passion and almost all Canadian schools and universities have ice hockey courts.
- Canada is a prosperous country and part of the G8.
Education is considered to be a priority in Canada and standards are high. What better place to study English than in this amazing country? Check out the fantastic opportunities in two of the most amazing locations in Canada, Toronto and Calgary with Stafford House International. We also recommend reading one of our previous articles 10 places that every international student should visit in Calgary, Canada.
Have you ever imagined learning English abroad including subjects you are interested in? It is possible to take an English course that covers more than general English studies. English course ……
Studying a high school programme with Palliser Regional Schools really is a fantastic option for international students. The quality of the academic programmes available and the experience of living in ……
Canada is constantly ranked as one of the top countries to live and study in. It’s internationally renowned for its friendly people, cosmopolitan cities and stunning nature. Canada has everything ……