10 facts about Canada that might surprise you
As one of the favourite destinations for those who want to learn English abroad, Canada is a country of great diversity with an excellent quality of life. It also has a reputation for being one of the safest and most prosperous countries in the world as well as offering first-class educational opportunities. To help you learn a little more about Canada, check out some interesting facts and find out what it would be like to live and study in this amazing country.
Did you know these facts about Canada?
- Canada is the second-largest country in the world with 2 official languages: English and French.
- Montreal is the largest French-speaking city anywhere in the world apart from Paris.
- Canada has strong ties with the United Kingdom. Queen Elizabeth II is the Queen of both countries.
- Canada has two official anthems: the national anthem and the royal anthem.
- Canada has a beautiful landscape and the largest number of freshwater lakes in the world. In Ontario alone, there are about 25,000.
- Canada has the longest coastline in the world.
- 50% of all polar bears in the world live in Canada.
- Canada’s border with the United States is the longest in the world and The CN Tower in Toronto is the second tallest in the world.
- Hockey is a national passion and almost all Canadian schools and universities have ice hockey courts.
- Canada is a prosperous country and part of the G8.
Education is considered to be a priority in Canada and standards are high. What better place to study English than in this amazing country? Check out the fantastic opportunities in two of the most amazing locations in Canada, Toronto and Calgary with Stafford House International. We also recommend reading one of our previous articles 10 places that every international student should visit in Calgary, Canada.
If you are thinking about studying in Canada, All Saints High School in Calgary is a great option for your high school programme, especially as this city is ranked 4th ……
Do you think that studying abroad in another country is just for young people and teenagers? Well, in reality, there are options for all ages to study English while visiting ……
One of the many schools represented by Langley School District is D.W. Poppy Secondary School in Langley. Named after David William Poppy Jr, mayor of Langley in the 60’s, the school ……